13 March 2015

Remembering Our Courageous Four Legged Canine Friends


(Photo source HERE)

TREO, a nine year old Labrador shown above receiving Britain's Dickin Award for bravery and commitment in wartime.
Below is a photo of his handler Sgt David Heyhoe and the loyal pooch!

photo

In looking into history for this particular day, Friday the 13th (I don't believe in luck or bad luck myself!), I discovered many items but this one caught my attention as I am a dog lover after all!

FROM THE U T SAN DIEGO ARCHIVES:

"On this day in 1942, the Quartermaster Corps (QMC) of the United States Army begins training dogs for the newly established War Dog Program, or “K-9 Corps.”



4 comments:

  1. A wonderfully well-researched post. Thank you Noelle.

    God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs are incredible! They love us unconditionally and are capable of unbelievable things. My husband just read me an article about a dog that has been able to sniff out cancer!

    ReplyDelete

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!