15 November 2014

Where Treetops Glisten by Sarah Sundin, Tricia Goyer and Cara Putman, Book review


  • Paperback: 368 pages
  • Publisher: WaterBrook Press (September 16, 2014)
  • ISBN-13: 978-1601426482
  • Also available in KINDLE format


SYNOPSIS:


Siblings forging new paths and finding love in three stories, 
filled with the wonder of Christmas

 
Turn back the clock to a different time, listen to Bing Crosby sing of sleigh bells in the snow, as the realities of America’s involvement in the Second World War change the lives of the Turner family in Lafayette, Indiana. 

In Cara Putman’s White Christmas, Abigail Turner is holding down the Home Front as a college student and a part-time employee at a one-of-a-kind candy shop. Loss of a beau to the war has Abigail skittish about romantic entanglements—until a hard-working young man with a serious problem needs her help. 

Abigail’s brother Pete is a fighter pilot hero returned from the European Theater in Sarah Sundin’s I’ll Be Home for Christmas, trying to recapture the hope and peace his time at war has eroded. But when he encounters a precocious little girl in need of Pete’s friendship, can he convince her widowed mother that he’s no longer the bully she once knew?

In Tricia Goyer’s Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Meredith Turner, “Merry” to those who know her best, is using her skills as a combat nurse on the frontline in the Netherlands. Halfway around the world from home, Merry never expects to face her deepest betrayal head on, but that’s precisely what God has in mind to redeem her broken heart. 

The Turner family believes in God’s providence during such a tumultuous time. Can they absorb the miracle of Christ’s birth and His plan for a future?



My thoughts:

"White Christmas", "I'll be home for Christmas" and "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" was just the ticket to start the Holiday Season! These three stories make up 'Where Treetops Glisten' and what wonderful stories! Just check out the nostalgic cover!


Beginning with Winter Wonderland, a prologue written by Sarah Sundin, each story highlights courage and a touch of Christmas romance in WW 2's era, with messages of hope and love where many needed it! 


These three talented authors wrote heartwarming stories to delight the senses, reminding us that even in difficult times, God is with us as always. Of course the Season itself has something magical about it and anything is therefore possible. 


The authors took special care to describe the authentic historical atmosphere of WW 2, a time when every moment was very precious and so many lives were lost or irrevocably changed.

I like also their choice of titles which reminds us of those very special songs none of us can forget! Additionally, the myriad of little details each chose to insert will enable you to immerse yourself in the period and I one for one, loved the feeling!

It does not come any better Folks and I guarantee you will enjoy discovering the characters defined in these holiday tales. You might even discover a favourite but it will be very hard to choose!


So grab yourself a copy (and one for a friend!), a cuppa and curl up by the fire and dream!


5 Stars!



Landing page:


Meet the Authors:



Sarah Sundin

Sarah Sundin is one of those very special people you meet in life, a kindred spirit! Perhaps it is the time period she writes about or the characters she describes which reaches out to readers like myself. Her writing elicits a response in this blogger hard to explain. I love her stories, I cannot stress enough the rich feeling I experience each time I read another of her novels and I pray God continues to light her path as she writes. She allows us to dream! 

Just don't ask me which of her novels I prefer Folks! Hers are part of a handful I would not ever want to part with (but for the classics I cherish). I read them often and like paintings, each disclose something new and tangible each time. 

Visit this talented lady (HERE) for more information.


Tricia Goyer

Tricia Goyer has drawn from her experiences as a teen mother and leader of today’s generation, to be a voice of hope and possibility for teen girls, pregnant teens, mothers and wives.

Visit her website to learn more (HERE)




Cara Putman says: " I don’t have it all together and have gone through tough times. But in His strength, I’ve discovered a strength I never knew I had. A strength I want you to discover, too.
In the end I’m just an ordinary mom who has seen God do some wonderful things as I’ve been obedient to step into the calling He’s led me into."
Read more on her website (HERE) "where Hope meets Healing and Dreams becomes reality."

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from LITFUSE as part of it's promotion. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC 16 CFR, Part 255 'Guides concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. I was not asked to write a positive review and all opinions expressed are entirely my own. 
.




8 comments:

  1. Seems just the book to get you into the holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree more Mystica and since I'll be home literally for the holidays, I felt the meaning even more sharply.
      Blessings to you and yours,

      Delete
  2. Winter always a good reading time but this year I'm happy to read in the summer too.
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot imagine myself without a book Merle! So far I resisted using my Kindle Fire but with a lengthy trip overseas in sight, I went ahead and download enough to keep me going.
      Keep cool,

      Delete
  3. I have a thing for Christmas books. It's a lovely way to get you in the holiday spirit. This may be just what I need this year.

    Have a good week!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Together these ladies make a formidable team Madelief, you will not be disappointed!
      Blessings,

      Delete
  4. Even the cover of this book is beautiful! I got my book in the mail my friend! Thanks so much! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!