18 July 2013

Once In A While...


Once in a while, we like to exchange our island scenery for a little piece of wilderness (20 acres to be exact)...


320 square feet of living space, no running water or electricity...(there is a well, its depth of 306 Ft  guarantees very cold water!)


At this time of the year, we strive to clear the vegetation as much as we can due to wild land fires threats...


Home sweet home...There is always time for a cuppa betwixt clearing the land, felling trees and so on...


We found a lot of these little formations above ground, ants perhaps?


Coyotes, wolves, mountain lions can be heard or spotted...Perhaps a den? There are also elks, cinnamon and black bears and an occasional grizzly...


Mountain flowers...


A few titles I hauled all the way to the top of the mountain to read...and a nest I found in one of the trees I felled...No one was lodging in it so I added it to my collection...


There are some marvelous reminders of the old West here and there...This old barn is still very much in use judging from the new roof...



Western sunset...I was listening to the coyotes' serenades...Haunting for this city gal...




10 comments:

  1. What a great getaway! That's a deep well. Like the touches of pretty in the cabin - like the red placemats and blue teapot bag holder. Enjoy the mountains. I happen to have a cabin in today's post too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still catching up Judy, apologies and will be sure to stop by and check your cabin too!

      Delete
  2. I love your style of getting away - fresh air, nature, and a stack of books. Sounds like heaven to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Carla, it is a tad more challenging to live in the wilderness than it sounds! One wolf's song though, and you feel you are truly in Heaven!

      Delete
  3. Getting back to nature a wonderful feeling except for the cold water I need my hot stuff.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merle, I wish we lived closer! I think we would have fun times!

      Delete
  4. Sounds the idyllic retreat! I'd like to have electricity though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid a generator is all I can depend on for a while longer. I would miss the internet though if we lived there permanently!

      Delete
  5. Tres jolies fotos Noelle!!! :0)

    Bonne semaine!!

    xxx Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо!
      Bonne semaine a toi aussi et un bisou a Maman et bebe!

      Delete

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!