10 January 2012

Getting In The Swing Of Things...Knit One, Purl One...


The week started in a lovely way...I WON! Yes, it might seem silly to some, but I was elated and found myself dancing around the room with the Corgi...
What can I say? It just feels good to be 'The' One!
So what exactly did I win? Well, check out Mademoiselle Poirot's exquisite site and you will see for yourself!
I am so looking forward to find my gift in the post that I just might beat ex-RAF hubby to the mainland!

I then checked out a comment on the site and discovered 'London Catwalk' 'Glamourous photos'...
Oh dear, stunning comes to mind! Photo # 6 with the lovely red pardessus with its bow -instead of martingale- and basket just called to me!
And I think after reading Patti's post on 'Pretty versus Hot' I am (almost) ready to throw off tweeds, brogues and trousers...

Time for a little beauty in my life...A string of pearls perhaps? A new pair of pumps? Purse? (a weakness!) Scarf? (my favourite!)...

I also found myself humming (if I burst in a song the Corgi runs away!) a lot the last few days...Spring fever?
Maybe, as I have gone over the house with the dust rag and washed china, nick knacks and moved potted plants here and there for more light...
My favourite Charity shoppe also yielded a lovely set of Filandia plates, an inspiration emanating from my constant browsing at Madelief's...
And yes, I threw the windows open (at least in the bedroom!)...for a bit of fresh air...

It's the New Year and it is time to get in the swing of things...
I found myself staring four times in the last week at knitting posts... A sign? Inspiration?
O course visiting Dance With Wool is always an inspiration! I think that little bunny is perfect for Madeline!
I have not knitted in a long time...A year in fact!
Back in the saddle...
Knit one, Purl one...

In betwixt I will continue to read...No one can doubt I love to read of course and write to the Troops!
As a Soldier's Angel I have been matched with yet another soldier, this time a young man who loves Toselli, Locatelli and Scarletti... 

May No Soldier Go Unloved! 

With the holidays behind us, it is easy to forget yet a small parcel or a letter is sure to brighten a young service person's day! Please don't forget them!!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!