27 November 2011

First Day of Advent...


“Lord, the light I choose to let into my life today is based on my trust in you.  It is a weak flame, but I so much desire that it dispel a bit more darkness today.  Today, I just want to taste the longing I have for you as I go to the meeting this morning, carry out the responsibilities of my work, face the frustration of some difficult relationships.  Let this candle be my reminder today of my hope in your coming.”

Come, Lord Jesus!  Come and visit your people. 
We await your coming.  Come, O Lord.

For more on celebrating the Advent please read (here)

"Taken from Praying Advent, on Creighton University's Online Ministries web site:
http://www.creighton.edu/CollaborativeMinistry/online.html.
Used with permission."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Noelle,
    That's beautiful, simple and touching, I love it.
    Love and hugs,
    Annxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!