22 July 2011

Hum...Come Into Our Garden...And Meet The Thief!

Considering the price of vegetables these days in the shoppes, I thought it an excellent idea for my family to plant as many tomato plants and assorted greens as possible in our little garden in the hope to supplement our food supply...

Dreams of tomatoes, green peppers, pole beans, broccoli, onions and herbs danced in my head...
Alas...
Our daytime temperatures still averages in the lower sixties F with low fourties at night...(no complaints on my part as I do not crave hot weather but not the best for tomatoes!)

Despite the netting, our strawberry patch was raided...


As I see it this one and lonesome tomato (a Cherry one at that!) is not going to supplement much...sigh

Of course, we soon discovered the reason why...


Then I consider our neighbours's ply....


Notice the sign? 
And for a closer look...



And just in case you want to know, it took less than one half hour for the Woodpecker to do this!

Island life, dreams and such...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!