09 May 2010

Mother's Day, Dover cliffs and long walks

Mother's Day is a time Mums everywhere reflects on time past, present and future. I know I do, always, and I try to remember little stubby legs, sticky fingers and sloppy kisses.

It sounds like a long time ago but it is nice to remember just the same and to dream about those good times or even sad ones.

Mother's Day is not about cards, presents or special (and often) expensive outings. Mother's Day to me is about good wishes, a kind word, a bit of extra attention. It is about that feeling you have done something of your life, you have helped groom someone to be so and so. It feels like nothing else. It makes "YOU" feel special! I try to make a point to seek out all Mums and wish them a happy day. After all I am one of them and I just know how good it feels!

Today was indeed one of those nice days: family and friends remembered and it made me feel good and content. I just hope I did not forget any Mum out there myself. No one should be forgotten!

I was introduced today to a poet named Matthew Arnold. His poem entitled Dover Beach was just the right touch to help me dream... I love walking along the top of the cliffs! What better way to celebrate Mum's Day?

Dover Beach

The sea is calm to-night.
The tide is full, the moon lies fair
Upon the straits; on the French coast the light
Gleams and is gone; the cliffs of England stand;
Glimmering and vast, out in the tranquil bay.
Come to the window, sweet is the night-air!
Only, from the long line of spray
Where the sea meets the moon-blanched land,
Listen! you hear the grating roar
Of pebbles which the waves draw back, and fling,
At their return, up the high strand,
Begin, and cease, and then again begin...

Today was a good day... I remember... and I dream ...I feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!